Turner House Children’s Clinic is a nationally-recognized Patient-Centered Medical Home clinic. For more than 25 years, we have provided access to high-quality pediatric care services for Kansas City’s under-served and uninsured children, ages 0-19, located in the heart of a low-income, Hispanic, working class neighborhood in Kansas City, Kansas. This well-established organization is currently seeking a Bilingual Staff Physician.
Reporting to the Medical Director, this individual must be a board-certified (American Board of Pediatrics) pediatrician, practicing with an active, unrestricted Kansas medical license, who will provide optimal pediatric care in a primary care patient-centered medical home practice.
- Practice general pediatrics, as well as participate in and complete MOC (Maintenance of Certification) of the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Ensure the Healthy Steps Specialist is involved in the assessment and ongoing evaluation of all patients aged 0-3 years.
- Help develop, implement and further certain clinical care programs, such as the asthma, obesity, and dental integration programs.
- Complete electronic medical records within company standards to support billing practices, help update encounter forms, and work with the Medical Director and Practice Manager to ensure optimal billing reimbursement.
- Assist the Clinic Manager in establishing and maintaining the highest standards of practice.
- Help develop the clinic’s response to new public health challenges, such as emerging infectious diseases.
- Participates in and fosters the Quality Management program.
- Assists the Director of Development in formulating clinical information and metrics required for grants and proposals.
- Helps monitor the appropriate use of the Turner House drug formulary for uninsured patients.
- Works with consultants and management staff in implementing measures to improve clinic operations.
- Advanced degree in Medicine (M.D. or D.O.) required. Board Certification in Pediatrics required.
- Current active and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Kansas required.
- Possess a passion for serving the under-served and uninsured, and demonstrate a willingness to adapt to a culturally diverse, Spanish-speaking community.
- Bilingual fluency in both written and oral English/Spanish required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal ski9lls with the ability to problem solve and discuss strategic and sensitive issues.
- Proven ability to successfully work across all levels to positively influence patient and organization culture.
- Clinic Hours:
- 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday through Friday
- 4:00 PM-8:00 PM Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- 8:00 AM-12:00 PM Saturday
- Work schedule is negotiable with the Medical Director and Executive Director consisting of 6-10 scheduled 4-hour clinic sessions and up to 1 session of administrative time within clinic hours, as assigned by the Medical Director.
Turner House Children’s Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disable/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
To apply for this position, please email your CV or resume, a cover letter including salary requirements, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.